The Ruins of Myvolia
Dice of Best-Of-Luck
Dice that improve your chances?
This seemingly plain pair of six sided dice gives the owner/creator one of eleven “benefits”On a roll of:
- 2: Dice explode in a fiery blast, dealing 10d10 damage to all in a 60 ft radius (reflex save for 1/2 damage)
- 3: Dice imbue the thrower with a permanent +3 luck bonus to reflex saves
- 4: Dice imbue the thrower with a permanent +2 luck bonus to reflex saves
- 5: Dice imbue the thrower with a permanent +1 luck bonus to reflex saves
- 6: Dice summon a random outsider, who generally is not so happy with being disturbed, and focuses his displeasure on the thrower.
- 7: Dice explode in a white blast of energy, healing 6d6 points of damage to all in a 60 ft radius, but temporarily blinding all within sight of the explosion (1d6 rounds)
- 8: Dice imbue the thrower with a permanent -1 luck bonus to reflex saves
- 9: Dice imbue the thrower with a permanent -2 luck bonus to reflex saves
- 10: Dice imbue the thrower with a permanent -3 luck bonus to reflex saves
- 11: Thrower permanently gains features of a random race, but one which is common in the world where the dice were thrown. No racial benefits apply, only outward appearance is affected.
- 12: Dice imbue the owner with a permanent +2 luck bonus on all saving throws, as well as the innate ability to “see” the results of their actions ahead of time, and adjust accordingly. Thrower can hereafter re-roll one die roll of their choice per day.
Once thrown, the dice disappear, consumed by the magic that produced them. Thrower of the dice must be within 20ft of the dice when result is generated for result to take effect. Effects of the Dice of Best-Of-Luck can only be reversed with a “Wish” or “Miracle.”
Create Wondrous Item, CL 15, 3,500 GP
These dice first surfaced during the Wizard Exodus of the fabled town of Thalia, and the reason they were developed remains uncertain.